Title = favourite lyric at present
You know an essay is bad when somebody who loves writing cannot wait to see the back of it. Welcome to my world. At the moment my world is an anthology, tomorrow it will be on aspects of a European novel, but then the day after it will be about seeing my friends and christmas. Just two more days :)
On the plus side the creation of my anthology has opened my mind to a whole new topic, holocaust poetry. It is truly amazing.
- The last, the very last,
- So richly, brightly, dazzlingly yellow.
- Perhaps if the sun’s tears would sing
- against a white stone. …
- Such, such a yellow
- Is carried lightly ‘way up high.
- It went away I’m sure because it wished to
- kiss the world good-bye.
- For seven weeks I’ve lived in here,
- Penned up inside this ghetto.
- But I have found what I love here.
- The dandelions call to me
- And the white chestnut branches in the court.
- Only I never saw another butterfly.
- That butterfly was the last one.
- Butterflies don’t live in here,
- in the ghetto.
- By Pavel Friedman
- Beautiful isnt it ? I wish I could write like that. (I will learn)
- Au revior x
- Ps. I wish people would make hard things easier by realising that they are hard instead of pretending that they are easy.